POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Thinking of moving to something comercial : Thinking of moving to something comercial Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:08:00 EDT (-0400)
  Thinking of moving to something comercial
From: John D  Gwinner
Date: 29 May 2005 12:16:27
Message: <4299eadb$1@news.povray.org>
Folks:

  I'm thinking of getting a comercial modeler and possibly renderer.
Currently, I have student status due to talking a UCLA writing course
extension.

  It's a lot, but I could possibly afford 3DSMax, and I have to say I'm
tempted.

  However, I like POVRayy's rendering so I'm wondering what moving to a
comercial package would give me, or more accuratly, what' I'd lose.

  Do any of them do procedural texturing?

  Any advice?

        == John ==